The Princeton Varsity Club (PVC) is pleased to announce nine Princeton student-athletes have been selected to travel to Vietnam this summer to volunteer for Coach for College, a global initiative aimed at promoting higher education through sports. Their selection marks the third year that the PVC has helped to sponsor international service opportunities for varsity student-athletes. As part of the Coach for College program, they will teach academics, athletics and life skills to 6th, 7th and 8th grade Vietnamese students and will work alongside Vietnamese coaches and instructors.
2015 Coach for College Participants:
- Bryant Switzer ’17 — Men’s Track & Field (Mansfield, OH) Da Nang Province, Central Vietnam
- Sydney Cheong ’18 — Women’s Water Polo (Los Angeles, CA) Da Nang Province, Central Vietnam
- Lexi Quirk ’18 — Field Hockey (Needham, PA) Hau Giang Province, Mekong Delta
- Kira Ivarsson ’18 — Women’s Rowing (Bethlehem, PA) Da Nang Province, Central Vietnam
- Delaney Johnson ’17 — Women’s Swimming & Diving (Elkins, WV) Hau Giang Province, Mekong Delta
- Quinn Parker ’18 — Women’s Track & Field (Truckee, CA) Da Nang Province, Central Vietnam
- Maia Craver ’18 — Women’s Track & Field (Irvine, CA) Da Nang Province, Central Vietnam
- Jordan Laster ’17 — Wrestling (Boilingbrook, IL) Hau Giang Province, Mekong Delta
- Danielle Allen ’16 — Softball (Wichita, KS) Da Nang Province, Central Vietnam
Would you like to support any of the above Princeton student-athletes? You can do so by clicking on their name and visiting their personal donation page.
Coach for College is a program open to varsity student-athletes, which aims to increase higher education attainment among disadvantaged Vietnamese adolescents using the excitement and life skills provided by participation in sports-related activities. The program provides American college athletes with an intensive and collaborative service experience that engenders the skills needed to exercise leadership and commitment to positive social change.
To read more about last year’s Coach for College participants and their experiences teaching academics, athletics and life skills, please click the links below.