Each year, the PVC celebrates the accomplishments of the senior class with the year-end Gary Walters ’67 Princeton Varsity Club Awards Banquet. We plan to come together to honor the Princeton Athletics Class of 2022 on the evening of Thursday, May 19th in Jadwin Gymnasium on Princeton’s campus to kick-off Reunions weekend. We look forward to being joined by families, friends, coaches, staff, alumni and our Team Around the Team for this celebratory banquet.
2022 GARY WALTERS ’67 PVC AWARDS BANQUET
Jadwin Gymnasium, Princeton University
5:00 p.m. – Cocktail Reception
6:15 p.m. – Dinner & Event Programming
Event invitation and RSVP card can be viewed/downloaded here
To view photos from the last year the event was held in-person in Jadwin Gym (2019), click here.
SPONSORSHIP OPTIONS – There are multiple sponsorship opportunities available as part of this year’s Gary Walters ’67 PVC Awards Banquet (can be noted on RSVP card or by calling PVC at 609-258-8955):
- All-American Table Sponsorship – $1,000, includes all eight seats, recognition in the event program and your table name prominently displayed on the table
- All-Ivy Table Sponsorship – $500, includes two seats and recognition in the event program
- NOTE: the PVC Letter Sweater Program was recently endowed (and will be formally announced in concert with this year’s Banquet), and thus individual sponsorships will no longer be available for senior letter sweaters
Sponsorships are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
COVID-19 EVENT VISITOR POLICY – The indoor banquet will follow Princeton University’s updated COVID Visitor Policy, which goes into effect Monday, May 16th.
- Guests are asked to attest to being up-to-date on COVID vaccines as defined by the Visitor Policy.
- Guests who do not wish to attest to being fully vaccinated must attest* upon arrival to the event to having received a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours (or a COVID-19 rapid antigen test within 8 hours) of the start of the visit to campus, OR must wear a face covering at all times during the indoor event and not remove it to eat or drink.
*Attestation of a negative COVID test (PCR or rapid) will occur on-site at event check-in.
PARKING INFORMATION – Additional details on campus/event parking can be referenced here. Construction has impacted on-campus parking, so we encourage you to plan accordingly and allocate ample time.
Any questions related to the Gary Walters ’67 PVC Awards Banquet or sponsorship opportunities can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-258-8955.
PRINCETON ATHLETICS DEPARTMENTAL AWARDS
Otto von Kienbusch Award
Awarded annually to a Princeton senior woman of high scholastic rank who has demonstrated general proficiency in athletics and the qualities of a true sportswoman. Presented in memory of C. Otto v. Kienbusch ’06, friend and benefactor of women’s athletics at Princeton.
William Winston Roper Trophy
Awarded annually to a Princeton senior man of high scholastic rank and outstanding qualities of sportsmanship and general proficiency in athletics. Presented by Mrs. William W. Roper and the Class of 1902.
Art Lane ’34 Award
Awarded to an undergraduate athlete in recognition of his or her selfless contribution to sport and society. Given in memory of Art Lane ’34 by friends and family.
Class of 1916 Cup
Awarded each year to the Princeton varsity letterwinner who continuing in competition in his or her senior year achieved at graduation the highest academic standing. Given by the Class of 1916 on the occasion of its 50th reunion.
Class of 1967 PVC Citizen-Athlete Award
Presented by the Princeton Varsity Club for selfless and noble contributions to sport and society.
Marvin Bressler Award
Awarded to that member of the Princeton family who, through heartfelt support of the University’s student-athletes and coaches, best embodies a belief in the lifelong lessons taught by competition and athletics as a complement to the overall educational mission. Awarded in the spirit of Marvin Bressler, professor of sociology, 1963-94.