The 17 co-ed Athletics Friends Groups at Princeton University support a wide range of needs and opportunities within each of the 37 varsity athletic teams. The Athletic Department and coaches rely on the financial support of their Athletics Friends Group for continued success in their programs. Alumni volunteers work diligently to secure the philanthropic and volunteer support that enables coaches to recruit, retain, and develop some of the finest scholar-athletes in the world, and to provide those students with the best possible overall experience.
Athletics Friends Group events and programs (such as fundraising dinners, alumni days, golf outings, on-the-road gatherings, mentoring & networking nights) offer invaluable opportunities to support the Princeton Athletics community.
Annual donations to the Athletics Friends Groups can be used immediately by the program to which they are directed. All gifts are fully tax-deductible. The following are some of the general items that the Athletics Friends Groups support:
• Travel: out-of-region & out-of-season competition, training trips and foreign trips
• Recruit hosting: transportation, lodging and dining
• Technology: cell phones, specialized software, video and editing equipment
• Team support: photography and medical support
• Team banquets and awards
• Professional books, memberships, conventions and clinics
• Events for alumni and friends
• Friends Group communications
For more information on Athletics Friends Groups, including contact information for group presidents, please click here.
To visit the Princeton University Friends Groups page, please click here.
To Make a Gift to an Athletics Friends Group, please click here.