The Princeton Varsity Club (PVC) implements and supports programs that provide Princeton varsity student-athletes with opportunities to achieve, serve and lead, and complement the Department of Athletics’ mission of “Education Through Athletics.”
All gifts to the PVC are fully tax-deductible and benefit nearly 1,000 varsity student-athletes across 38 varsity athletic programs.
The PVC supports the notion that athletics are an integral part of the educational mission of the University and that Princeton Athletics should aspire to be a model for collegiate athletics both in the Ivy League and in the NCAA at large. The PVC also supports the ongoing role athletics and the student-athlete play within the University community.
The PVC acts in concert with the greater community of friends that support the values and ideals of Princeton Athletics.
While Membership is open to all alumni varsity letter winners and members of the Princeton Athletics Friends Groups, it is also open to all alumni and supporters of Princeton University who are interested in helping further the mission of the Princeton Varsity Club.
Programming & events supported by the PVC:
- Gary Walters ’67 PVC Awards Banquet and PVC Letter Sweater program
- Tigers in the Community Program, including Weapons of Mass Construction, Reading with the Tigers, Coach for College, Student-Athlete Service Council, etc.
- PVC Weight Room in Jadwin Gym
- Jake McCandless ’51 PVC Speaker Series
- PVC Welcome Barbecue for varsity student-athletes and coaches
- Alumni engagement opportunities, receptions and special events on campus and off campus as part of the PVC “On the Road” series
- PVC communications and publications (PVC News and www.PrincetonVarsityClub.org)
- Tigers Together initiatives in support of departmental diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and actions
- Other strategic priorities of the Department of Athletics